5 Steps to Develop an Effective PPC Strategy
Is your PPC campaign not getting good results? That’s probably because you don’t have an effective strategy. Although you may know how to create the ad but wondering from where to start?
Do not worry, as we have come up with the framework of developing an Effective PPC Strategy. So, if you are ready to have more effective PPC campaigns for your business, here are the 5 points that would help you get started.
1. Define Your Goals
Defining what you want is the most important Step in PPC Strategy.
With various different PPC targeting options available, defining your goals would help you to select the right platform to place your ad and the ad type best suited for your marketing needs.
Different PPC goals are
- Boost site traffic
- Increase in sales/leads
- Create Awareness
2. Target the Audience
You can target the audience based on their interests, intents and demographics.
Google compiles the audiences based on user history data into specific interests, intents and demographics, accordingly, as groups that are likely to click your ads after seeing them.
In AdWords, you can use search and display ads to target audiences at different points in the sales funnel and better allocate your ad spend.
For example, if you target the top of the funnel (awareness stage) audiences with display ads, you can focus more of your search ads on the bottom of the funnel keywords.
The actual benefit of advertising on social platforms like Facebook is audience targeting. You can build very detailed audiences to target based on your buyer personas.
3. Optimize Your Landing Page
Directing the audience to the right landing page is very essential in a PPC Strategy. Once the user clicks on the ad and if he’s directed to a generic product page or homepage instead of the actual intent for which the user was searching, then it would be a waste on ad spend.
Also optimize your landing page in such a way that the user can convert easily. Make sure the CTA is at eye level and easily noticeable by the audience.
4. Create Your Ads
Once you’re done with targeting the audience and optimizing the landing page, the next step is creating the ad.
Your Ads would act as a link between the search intent of the audience and the landing page that you have optimized.
In Adwords, use attention grabbing headlines, CTAs, you can also use ad extensions and more by setting up ad variations.
For Social Media, have relevant description texts and headlines with a good image or a video along with the CTA to your landing page.
5. Analyze and Optimize Your PPC Campaign Strategy
These are 4 important metrics that would help you to analyze and measure your campaign success depending on your goals-
- Click-through rate (CTR) – Used to weigh the efficiency of the ads. It is the ratio of users who click on a specific link to the number of total users who view a page, email, or advertisement.
- Conversation Rate – This metric would show how many users took action. It must not necessarily be sales, it could be in the form of filling out a form, subscribing to a newsletter, app installs, etc.
- Retention Rate – This metric shows how many users use an application or come to a website more than once. An abundance of traffic doesn’t mean quality, you need to find ways for those users to come back to your website.
- Return on ad spend (ROAS) – It calculates how much revenue was generated from an ad campaign.
Are You Ready To Create A PPC Strategy that Converts? To get professional help from us click here.
And for more useful hints and tips about digital marketing check out our blogs, where you’ll find plenty of practical advice and industry secrets waiting for you.